Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Daughters for a time

I love to read but I have not had ANY time lately to pick up a book.  Last week the kid had a 3 hour dance dress rehersal that I got to sit through.  So I looked through my kindle and tried to find what looked like a good book to read.  I found one with 5 stars and gave it a try.

This book did had some "pull at your heartstring" parts but I really enjoyed it. It was a quick and easy read.  I loved that I could connect with the main character, Helen, in ways that I can't with other characters.

She had awful things happen in her life that I did not experience, such as her mother dying when Helen was only 14 and having her father walk out on their family.

However, there were things that I understood.  Helen struggled with infertility for 4 years and suffered a miscarraige. I know first hand the pain and heartache that comes with both of these experiences.  I could relate to her as she stuggled to gain one of the greatest desires of her heart- bringing a baby into the world


 http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/daughters-for-a-time-jennifer-handford/1108624667



No comments:

Post a Comment