Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February Eval

My goals for February were "start food storage" and "scrapbook 20 pages"
Ok, the scrapbooking.  I used to be so good at keeing up.  I was caught up for years and years.  But now I am almost 2 years behind.  I just have not been able to get back into it (even though it is one of my favorite things to do.)  I just DONT HAVE TIME!!  So with a few days left of the months I whipped out a ton of pages- exactly 20.  Hopefully doing some scrapbooking will get me back into enjoying it.  But I'll be honest, it is so hard to find the time.  I need another goal that I will do a few pages a month.

And....the food storage.  This is something I have NEVER done.  I mentioned it before, it is so intimidating to me.  Where to start?  How to do it?  Instead of focusing on having a 1 year supply, I shrunk that down to a 1 month supply of food and 3 day supply of water.  Only 3 days for water because that is still a lot of water.  Once I got over that first initial question "How the heck do I do this?" it became so much easier.  When I filled up the first 2 pop bottle with water, I felt so good.  It felt great to know that if worse comes to worst, my kids will have clean water to drink.  And that is why I am doing this.

Before and after pictures of my storage shelves.  Ok, I told you I was awful at this.  The before shelves are so bare.  The afters are not much better, but it's a start and that was my goal.






This website is awsome!  I filled out the excel sheet (under 10 baby steps) to figure out what food to buy for storage and it helped me out so much.
http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment